explainin loooosy

WELCOME to the Forest Flaw.
If you are here to check out my portrait work, please click HERE!
If you would like to see my Pet portraits, please click HERE!
If you would like to see my Forest Flaw babies, see HERE!
If you would like to follow me on facebook, click HERE

You can see by my blog that I have many interests, including sewing, drawing and writing about various crafty art related things.
Custom orders are available, just message me.


Thursday 11 September 2014

sign of the times

So, if you read my blog, you will know I have had an extended period of inactivity followed by a recent influx of posts.
I have been spending my time branching out in other directions.
Originally, this blog was just set up for my critters, so it didn't even occur to me that I could post other artsy endeavors on here. So this, combined with a week off one of my jobs (week off! woooo!), means time and inclination to share what has been going on behind closed doors. Or behind the trees if we are keeping to forest-y sayings. 
In the bushes maybe? 
So, to go out on a limb (eh?) I am going to overload this space with pictures and crazy things. If I make a nice item, i'll post it. Heck, if I make a particularly artistic sandwich, it might make a mention. 

As showcased in the 'illusion' post, I worked on an Ames room recently. I also made a sign to explain it's cunning inner workings. 
For this one, I painted an mdf board in matt black paint (chalkboard paint would work) and used oil pastels for great popping colour. It was then sealed with spray lacquer. 

Unfortunately, people love to touch with grubby fingers, so it got a little smeared in these photos before I had a chance to clean it up.



Now, while we are still at the science centre, here is the A frame I did in similar style:
these were done with chalk paint, harder to control.



A couple more signs are below, they are a set of four i'm currently working on. I would LOVE to post the others, but the event hasn't happened yet so I don't want to spoil it. I will post them later on for your general perusal. 


I love how the oil pastels really pop on the black background, while still giving that chalkboard feel.


So signing off, (eh?) for today, but be assured I will be posting more and varied items soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment