explainin loooosy

WELCOME to the Forest Flaw.
If you are here to check out my portrait work, please click HERE!
If you would like to see my Pet portraits, please click HERE!
If you would like to see my Forest Flaw babies, see HERE!
If you would like to follow me on facebook, click HERE

You can see by my blog that I have many interests, including sewing, drawing and writing about various crafty art related things.
Custom orders are available, just message me.


Tuesday 23 June 2015

Like sands through the hourglass...

Woah, where does the time go?
I just had a brief look at this blog and realised that it had been far too long since I did a hastily thrown together post. Not that I'm into hiding behind excuses, but this really is because of a few MAJOR things:

1. My very elderly cat up and died on me.

2. My not very elderly dog up and died on me with no warning.

3. I got made redundant from my day job (but ironically now have more work until I go)

So here's to life! making the excuses for me. But now is the time to drag myself out of the hole and get back up to date. If you think I stopped sewing because of my sadness you would be WRONG! I have sewn more than ever on an effort to pretend things are normal. However my concentration levels did not quite meet standards. So,

Things are normal: sew my dress to the tablecloth
Things are normal: sew a zipper on - carefully - back to front
Things are normal: make more cushion covers than I have cushions for
Things are normal: break two needles in succession, cry a little

you get the idea.
Anyway, been working on the clothing range and have a few nice designs that I have successfully made templates and patterns for. These include:

*Ruffle skirt (currently my favourite)
*Box pleat skirt
*light poplin elastic waist dress with round collar (cute in any colour!)
*tailored peter pan collar dress with zippered back
*Eastern style slab dress with cute bow and button

Obviously I make all kinds of crazy things for myself to wear, but these are the patterns that I am happy with enough to make for others.
Its too late to take pictures of everything in my cave, I mean dimly lit house, so I will update this post when I can model them then sort them into saleable items. I should have done this ages ago, but you know - life.

So check back! or I'll repost and you will have to read this all over again.
Things are normal: repost same blog, DOH!

No comments:

Post a Comment